WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO REVIEWING YOUR WORK IN OCTOBER 2023
The Southern Quill, Utah Tech's literary arts publication, seeks submissions of
The Southern Quill, first printed in 1951 and published by Utah Tech University, has been in circulation for more than half a century. Published annually, the journal welcomes submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and visual arts from writers and artists residing anywhere in the United States.
· We do not accept previously published work, regardless of format or circulation.
· We accept simultaneous submissions so long as you withdraw your submission if your work is accepted elsewhere.
· We do not charge a submission fee.
· Please include a third-person biography of 100 words or fewer with your submission. We will include it in our publication should we accept your work.
· Upon publication, all rights will revert back to the author.
· SQ contributors will receive one copy of the issue in which their work appears as compensation. Additional copies will be available for purchase.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read your work. We look forward to it.